no objectid raster

08-02-2018 01:48 PM
JoanneLogan1
New Contributor II

I have downloaded the gridded SSURGO Soil data for Tennessee. The raster layer has bunch of cells outside of Tennessee (to form rectangular extent). However, none of these cells have an objectid, and I think this is the reason they don't clip off when I use extract by mask using the Tennessee state outline. The null values within the state boundaries are mostly water, so I would like to symbolize those "NoData" as blue, but as you can see, all the NoData pixels are blue. How do I get rid of these NoData pixels when they do not have an ObjectID?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

How to change NoData cells to a value—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Is the best way to deal with your nodata values.  But you can't have 2 nodata values.

So you need to confirm (by exploring with info tool) what the 'water' pixel values are and what value the Blue pixels are.  If you colored the nodata values to blue, then the water would be blue, so have a look, but the above process is simple and should get you going.

JoanneLogan1
New Contributor II

Thanks, Dan. I was confusing NoData with <null>, and now see they are not the same. I had never tried to symbolize NoData of a raster with a color before, so this was the first time I had seen this issue. The rivers and lakes are also NoData, and not <null>, so i guess the only way I can symbolize them is to pull in a hydrography layer that shows water bodies. Thanks for the clarification.

0 Kudos