ArcMap 10.3.1 Slowness

08-01-2018 01:17 AM
MohammedAmleh
New Contributor

Dear all,

I have ArcMap 10.3.1 installed on a high performance computer - Dell workstation with the following specifications:

Processor: Dual Intel Xeon Processor E52620 v3 (6C, 2.4GHz, 15MB, 85W)

Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 510 2GB Memory: 32GB (4x8GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC

HD: 1 TB 3.5" SATA (7500 rpm) (For Data)

SSD: 512 GB 2.5" SATA (For OS and Software)

Form: Tower

Monitor: Three DELL P2417H Monitor 60.5 cm (23.8")

When I use ArcMap program, it is take too long time to launch ( 30 seconds ), and when I tried to open any layer property,  the window always takes  about 27 seconds to open if the tab is (Labels), if I close the window in any other Tab and re-open the layer property, it is open normally, but if I move to Labels Tab, it is takes around  20 seconds to open. After that, when I move from tab to tab, it is work properly.

You can see the problem on the following video: Dropbox - 20180610_131718.mp4 

The same issue (slowness) when I open (Data View) tab in ArcMap Options or Labels tab on Grids properties.

I tried different methods to solve the problem: uninstall and reinstall ArcMap, change windows performance options, reinstall Graphics driver (using vendor driver), change Graphic card and using Esri recommended one ( NVIDIA Quadro K620 )... etc. but, unfortunately it is not solved at all,

I discover that, when I uninstall the Graphic drive, the problem disappear, but of course this is not the solution.

Please advice.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check the solutions proposed in the following technical article.

Problem: Performance issues with ArcGIS for Desktop 10.x 

If the issue still persists, you could call Esri Tech Support. Esri Support Contact Support 

Think Location
MohammedAmleh
New Contributor

Thank you Jayanta, I tried most of the solution, but unfortunately, nothing changed.

It is looks like a bug on ArcGIS 10.3.1 or a windows 10 issue. I have the same program installed on another workstation with less specifications, but the program run very well and more faster.

0 Kudos