Create Oriented Imagery Catalog Tool Fails

07-31-2018 02:12 PM
Labels (2)
BradySmith
Occasional Contributor

I am attempting to set up the an oriented imagery database by running the Create Oriented Image Catalog tool from the ManageOrientedImagery.pyt toolbox. After it creates the ExposurePoints feature and CoverageMap, it errors out. I am not sure if everything is there for the setup to work.

Here is the error message.

Start Time: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 1:26:15 PM

Running script CreateOrientedImageCatalog...

Traceback (most recent call last): File "<string>", line 408, in execute File "<string>", line 167, in LoadOICAttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'addLayer'

Failed to execute (CreateOrientedImageCatalog).

Failed at Tuesday, July 31, 2018 1:26:24 PM (Elapsed Time: 9.38 seconds)

I am using Pro 2.2.1 and the tools version 1.0 and running it on a new Pro project database.

Does anyone else get this message? and is it safe to proceed with the setup process.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

where is that pyt from? is it a standard arctoolbox tool? or from ArcGIS Code Sharing 

0 Kudos
BradySmith
Occasional Contributor

It is installed on your c drive when you download to the oriented imagery add in tool for Pro. See http://s3.amazonaws.com/ImageManagementWorkflowsTeam/orientedimagery/documentation/OrientedImageryCa... 

Thank You

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Thanks Brady... Maybe someone has downloaded. Since it doesn't appear to be a mainstream toolset yet, you will probably have to wait until someone from that team finds this post and can comment

0 Kudos
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Dan

"Oriented" imagery is a new capability for ArcGIS, enabling management and exploitation of imagery with part or all of the image viewing above the horizon (although the schema also supports low oblique imagery and Image Services).  Support is provided in ArcGIS Pro as well as the web.   It is available under Esri's Early Adopter program at http://esriurl.com/OrientedImageryDownload

Brady

I will forward this to our engineers

Cody B.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Thanks Cody... hadn't come across it before, I will forward the info to our RS people as well

0 Kudos
Randall_XavierRebello
Esri Contributor

Hi Brady, 

The  reason for this error is that it was run without an active map.  The tool creates the oriented imagery catalog and then tries to add it to a map.  However if you do not have a map active at the time of creating the catalog it will fail. There is a check to prevent this but for some reason it is not working. 

I will add this to the bug list and it will be fixed by the next release. For now please make sure to have a map active at the time of creation. 

Thanks,

Randall Rebello

BradySmith
Occasional Contributor

That was it. It was successful after I created a map in the project and made it active before running the tool. Thanks Randall.

0 Kudos
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor

Note that a updated version 1.0.2 was released today.

0 Kudos