Parcel Drafter setup question

07-31-2018 10:06 AM
KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

I deployed the Parcel Drafter solution via ArcPro and am trying to get it set up.  Is the list of snapping layers expecting an actual Parcel Fabric feature that has been published?  When I try to add the published version of our PLSS control points, for instance, I get an "invalid foreign key" error, leading me to believe that perhaps it's expecting a very specific schema and not just any old layer.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

Anybody?  I tried just choosing the Parcel Lines layer that is automatically deployed, and I get the same error, so now I'm thinking it's not that I was trying to use my own.  Even using Esri's default isn't working.  Is this a bug?

0 Kudos
ChrisBuscaglia
Esri Contributor

Hello Kimberly, 

Sorry for the delayed response, we'd be glad to take a look at your configuration.  The invalid foreign key error should only apply to the Parcel Drafter Lines and Parcels, not the snapping layers.  Can you please send a screenshot of both the 'Parcel Layers' and 'Advanced Settings' tab in the configuration panel?

Thanks

Chris Buscaglia

Local Government Solutions Team

0 Kudos
KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

Hi Chris!  Here's what I get when I try to pick the snapping layers, even when I pick the Parcel Drafter Lines themselves, not even "my own" control points or whatnot.  Same thing happens either way.

And here's the parcel layer settings themselves.  You'll notice the "foreign key" box is blank and grayed out.  Just for giggles, I started deploying the Parcel Drafter app the "old-fashioned way" (ha) by adding it to a Web App Builder and this field is filled in already, so I'm wondering if it's something in the way ArcPro is deploying it through the "solutions" button.  I also was able to snap to my own layers this way, so I'm going to continue with the manually-deployed application.  Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
ChrisBuscaglia
Esri Contributor

Kimberly - 

I'm not able to reproduce with the automated deployment option, so I'm scratching my head a bit.  I deployed the app and the Parcel/Lines layers are hooked up correctly.

When you say that you manually deployed the solution - did you use the layers that were actually deployed with the automated approach, or did you have to publish these manually with the download.

Chris

0 Kudos
KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

I was able to use the services and web map I deployed with ArcPro, but then I took the web map and made the app from that in Web App Builder, adding the Parcel Drafter widget from the list and continuing on that way. So the building blocks worked fine for me, it was how it decided to execute the application itself I guess?  I have ArcPro 2.2.0 at the moment, I see there's an update now.

0 Kudos
AngeloHilton
New Contributor II

Did you ever find out what was causing the foreign key error?  We're encountering the same issue.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

No, not really.  Like I had mentioned above, when I deployed the application the old-fashioned manual way (ie, not using the "easy button" in ArcPro), it worked, so I went with it.  

0 Kudos
ChrisBuscaglia
Esri Contributor

Angelo - 

Thanks for posting - this error happens when you don't have the proper relationship between the parcels and lines feature layers used for the application.  

Can you share the URL to the app?

Thanks, 

Chris Buscaglia

Government Solutions

0 Kudos
AngeloHilton
New Contributor II

Chris,

This is a corporate portal page so the URL will not work outside of the company.

However, the data sets were already set up by ESRI. I just downloaded them and added to a web map then connected to a webapp. All of the other fields connect except the foreign key which should connect to the field created by ESRI.

Thanks!

0 Kudos