export attribute data to arcGIS

Jump to solution
07-29-2018 01:13 AM
fedaakhalid
New Contributor

Hello all,

I used ArcGIS for AutoCAD plug-in, and i edit the attribute data and create new fields, can I export this data to ArcGIS? and how can I do that?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

If you  have created data in  ArcGIS for  AutoCAD as Local  Feature classes which I assume you have  done because you  have added fields and modified their values, then ArcGIS desktop will directly read the .DWG file you  have created as a container of attributed features classes without doing anything.  Just open up the file in  ArcGIS Desktop and  you  will see that  your feature classes are there ready to  use as if they were in  a File Geodatabase or shapefile you can easily copy them to  another  GIS  dataset using  COPY FEATURES,  FEATURECLASS TO FEATURE CLASS,  APPEND,  MERGE etc... or just  use them in your map.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

If you  have created data in  ArcGIS for  AutoCAD as Local  Feature classes which I assume you have  done because you  have added fields and modified their values, then ArcGIS desktop will directly read the .DWG file you  have created as a container of attributed features classes without doing anything.  Just open up the file in  ArcGIS Desktop and  you  will see that  your feature classes are there ready to  use as if they were in  a File Geodatabase or shapefile you can easily copy them to  another  GIS  dataset using  COPY FEATURES,  FEATURECLASS TO FEATURE CLASS,  APPEND,  MERGE etc... or just  use them in your map.