broken links in story map webmaps, can't update without losing all data

07-28-2018 02:47 PM
ConniePokorny
New Contributor

I have a story map (map journal) that I would really like to fix since it is in the ESRI gallery. My basemaps were moved about a year ago and I had to request a specific link to use them in my webmaps -- about 6 or 7 supporting my map journal. 

updating to the new link is no problem, I just tried it in my webmaps in ArcGIS.com

the problem is -- no matter what I try (whether I click "fix issues" to click the broken links in the story map app) or whether I open the existing webmaps in my content - the same thing happens. I open the map, it can't find the old basemap. I fix the link and the basemap loads - ALL of my previous content is gone...the extent, the other layers the map notes. Everything. I can't even "save" I am editing an old map -- but its making me save it like it is new, so all I have is the new basemap. 

I will basically lose all of my old webmaps this way if I updated each one with the new basemap parameters. How do I get around having to create all new webmaps just to fix the link to the basemaps which were moved?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Connie

Sorry about the issue. Assuming these are shared publicly, could you provide the URL to the Story Map and to one of the web maps?

Rupert

0 Kudos