AnsweredAssumed Answered

Survey123: Setting Geopoint via URL

Question asked by sheltont_detroitmi on Jul 26, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 26, 2018 by sheltont_detroitmi

I'm attempting to set a point at the location of a feature(parcel centroids) via the custom URL every time a survey is conducted. I've managed to pass through other fields relatively easily but the point pass through is tripping me up. my issue comes down to a few questions:

1. Does the survey need a geopoint question in order for the Center= lat/lon functionality to work?
  2. I'm able to pass through the data when a geopoint question is present but the precision of the coordinates is off. It gives a general area but not to the specificity needed. In the Lat/Lon view of the geopoint question it seems to only go to 5 decimal places whereas the coordinates i'm attempting to pass have 13 putting the point in the general vicinity which is unfortunately insufficient for my needs. Is there a way to increase the specificity of the geopoint?

Ultimately i am attempting to create a accurately georeferenced and editable feature when a survey is conducted. I was joining surveys back to the parcel feature initially in AGO to achieve this but that proved insufficient as you can't edit features generated by a join in AGO. I'm fairly new to the online ESRI suite so if there is a more efficient way to achieve this task i'm all ears.

Thanks! 

Outcomes