Issues with the Parcel Fabric withing the ParcelEditing feature dataset, within the LGIM schema.

07-26-2018 10:57 AM
SamuelPerez1
New Contributor III

I am trying to build a parcel fabric for my jurisdiction, and in doing so I am starting with the CADSDI PLSS data. I am trying to use the Public Land Survey ArcGIS Solution to do so. After following the steps on the Migrate Data page: Migrate Data - Public Land Survey Editing | ArcGIS Solutions for State Government , my PLSS data was successfully loaded into the Parcel Fabric that comes with the LGIM Schema. The only exception is that after enabling the LGIM on the fabric (within the LGIM), the respective LGIM domains do not render in the attribute table. For example, in the attribute table for the Cadastral Framework, under the 'Parcel Type' field properties, no domain is assigned and the records show only the number codes and not the name (please see attached image). Furthermore, when I try to delete all the parcel features (using the 'Select Parcel Features' tool & 'Delete Selected Parcels' tool) so that I can reset the fabric and try the process over, I am not able to select, explore, or delete any of the loaded PLSS data from the fabric. 

What might I be missing here?

7 Replies
anna_garrett
Occasional Contributor III

i think you need to enable the LGIM model before loading your data into your production database. 

either way, something is wrong with your parcel fabric because you are missing the domain table that defines the parcel types. i would just nuke it and start over from scratch with your original data. i've attached a screen shot from my LGIM with a test parcel copied into the cadastral framework (we don't use PLSS in my state, so this part of the fabric goes unused)

SamuelPerez1
New Contributor III

Thank you Anna! I am curious if the screenshot you have provided is from a Parcel Fabric you created outside the LGIM schema, or is this with the PF within the LGIM ParcelEditing feature dataset? I tried doing the migration to a free standing parcel fabric (not inside the LGIM schema) with the LGIM enabled, and it worked. The resulting attribute table looked similar to your screenshot. With that said, I then looked at the LGIM's schema data dictionary, and it appears that they do not include the lrParcelType domain in the included PF (please see screenshot). 

anna_garrett

when i made our production parcel fabric i enabled the LGIM before i loaded any data from the LGIM staging geodatabase.

i'm not sure where you got this version of the data dictionary for the LGIM, but the one available here lists the lrParcelType Local Government Information Model data dictionary—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

SamuelPerez1
New Contributor III

That is the data dictionary that was included with the zipped LGIM schema download from the solutions page: http://appsforms.esri.com/products/download/index.cfm?fuseaction=download.main&downloadid=1389 

You can find the same data dictionary here: https://solutions.arcgis.com/local-government/help/local-government-information-model/get-started/da... 

anna_garrett

that's really strange that they're different, but i literally haven't touched that dictionary since i finished setting up our production database. 

i generally tend to rely on the website version of the documentation though, since it seems to be more regularly updated. 

0 Kudos
SamuelPerez1
New Contributor III

I agree. It is also strange that the LGIM schema I downloaded reflects the dictionary in that it does not use the lrParcelType domain. Also confusing, the dictionary included in the zipped file does show the lrParcelType domain in the domain glossary at the end of the dictionary, even though no feature classes in the downloaded LGIM use it.

Anyhow, in the mean time I will work on building a stand alone PF, as that method seems to correctly use the domains. No to mention, I can always append the fabric into the LGIM schema fabric.

Thank you again, Anna!

0 Kudos
anna_garrett

no problem, this is all really confusing when you're just getting started! 

0 Kudos