AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem with opening a public survey in the Survey123 field app directly using Google-based browsers

Question asked by Missouri_EMGIS on Jul 25, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 26, 2018 by BArmstrong-esristaff

I've created a survey, shared publicly, with the option "Open the survey in the Survey123 field app directly" selected under Submitter settings in the Collaborate tab.  It seems that users running Apple mobile devices with Safari browser have no trouble clicking the link to the public survey and completing it in the field app.  However, my Android users report problems with it on their phones.  I've sent them the survey link, and ones who open it in Gmail or paste the link into Google Chrome reported that nothing happens apart from seeing the green Survey123 loading icon.  I've duplicated this problem on my own phone and so far I've found that it's only when opening the survey link in either Chrome or Gmail that this happens.  Using other browsers like Firefox or my phone's native browser does not recreate the issue.  Is there a setting that needs to be enabled on the user's side in order to access the field app using Google products?  Or do I need to tell my users to use a different browser when opening that link?

Outcomes