AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I layer cached tile sets?

Question asked by dhope@ara.com on Jul 24, 2018

I'm trying to display a map, where I have more detail in certain areas than others, primarily to reduce the amount of storage required, as I am running offline and am using a set of tpk tile caches.

For instance, my code looks like this:

var agtl1 = new ArcGISTiledLayer() { Source = new Uri(path + @"\Data\lightgrayLOD0-7.tpk") };
var agtl2 = new ArcGISTiledLayer() { Source = new Uri(path + @"\Data\lightgrayLOD8-10.tpk") };
var agtl3 = new ArcGISTiledLayer() { Source = new Uri(path + @"\Data\lightgrayLOD11-11.tpk") };
var agtl4 = new ArcGISTiledLayer() { Source = new Uri(path + @"\Data\lightgrayLOD12-12.tpk") };
var agtl5 = new ArcGISTiledLayer() { Source = new Uri(path + @"\Data\lightgrayLOD13-13.tpk") };
var agtl6 = new ArcGISTiledLayer() { Source = new Uri(path + @"\Data\lightgrayLOD14-14.tpk") };

MyMapView.Map.Basemap = new Basemap();

MyMapView.Map.Basemap.BaseLayers.Add(agtl1);
MyMapView.Map.Basemap.BaseLayers.Add(agtl2);
MyMapView.Map.Basemap.BaseLayers.Add(agtl3);
MyMapView.Map.Basemap.BaseLayers.Add(agtl4);
MyMapView.Map.Basemap.BaseLayers.Add(agtl5);
MyMapView.Map.Basemap.BaseLayers.Add(agtl6);

Each layer covers a smaller footprint.

The behavior I'm looking for is to automatically display the highest LOD appropriate for the combination of scale and location. This means that in some cases that there might be 2 different zoom levels being displayed at the same time.

When I run using the above, I only see the LOD0-7 data and can only zoom in to it's extents.

If I reverse the order, I can only see the LOD14-14 data and can only zoom to it's extents.

How do I do this right?

Outcomes