Portal for ArcGIS license

07-19-2018 02:48 AM
AlessioDi_Lorenzo1
New Contributor III

Hi all,
I have a license of ArcGIS Enterprise Standard 10.6 that is regularly under maintenance.
I tried to install Enterprise on a dedicated server, with SSL certificates and so no... but the Enterprise Builder fails at the end of the installation, when verifying the Portal license. I can't generate the license in MyESRI, so I asked my vendor and he answered that I have no right to install and use Portal because I have an "educational license" of ArcGIS Enterprise. Is this possible? I always heard the statment "If you have Server, you have Portal", even watching at all the ESRI Workshops videos related to Server/Enterprise. Moreover, I can not find this thing written on any ESRI official channel. 
Is it possible that it is a mistake/misunderstanding of my vendor? How can I solve?
Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alessio,

Yes, ArcGIS Enterprise Standard 10.6 does include the Portal for ArcGIS component.

ArcGIS Enterprise Functionality Matrix

But you also indicate that you have an "educational license" and there are many options,

ArcGIS Educational License | Esri Education 

I would check with your local Esri account manager/Distributor to see what software you have access to.

Hope this helps,

AlessioDi_Lorenzo1
New Contributor III

Hi Derek, 

can it help if I provide you (in pvt) with our customer number?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alessio,

I think it would be best if you discussed this with local Esri account manager/Distributor as they are the ones who would be most familiar with your licensing.

Best,

0 Kudos
AlessioDi_Lorenzo1
New Contributor III

ok, thx

0 Kudos