Hi, we're using ArcMap 10.5 to design some report for our client and facing really poor performance.
- ArcGIS Desktop 10.5.1
- ArcMap 10.5.1
- Enterprise Geodatabase - Microsoft SQL Server 2016
We're trying to do a real simple report on 1 table.
- The table contain informations about inspections (currently 206400 records and 25 fields)
- The purpose of the report is to extract the number of inspections / per type / per inspectors
- Runing the report in ArcMap takes around 8 mins.
Seing this i've runned a direct query on the database to obtain the same information and i did the same in excel via a database link.
- Sql query takes less then 1 second
- Excel pivot tables takes around 15 sec to refresh
The SQL query i used to get the informations :
select distinct(territoire), statutInspectionFinal, count(*)
group by territoire, statutInspectionFinal
order by territoire, statutInspectionFinal
I've read all documentations available and it seams there is no way to pass a real sql query to the report builder (U can only add expression to the select * query that is generated by the report builder)
- Is there a way to improve performance of the ArcMap report ?
- What alternative is available for customers to generate report ?
Every Comments would be much appraciated.