Username Question Unanswered

07-17-2018 09:29 AM
JakeMatthys
Occasional Contributor II

I have examples of a survey with a username question and the username is not getting populated.  We have just noticed this occurring in the last few weeks (maybe 6 occurrences in the last month out of 1,200 submitted surveys)

The survey is hosted on AGOL and shared with a specific group.  It seems as if the user is able to submit the survey without being signed into Survey123, because the username question is not being populated.

The expected outcome would be:

• User is unable to submit the survey if they are not signed in to their AGOL account or are not a member of the group with which the survey is shared.
  • User is signed in to AGOL account and a member of the group with which the survey is shared, and USERNAME question is populated in the survey

Does this sounds like a set up issue with the survey(s) (we have noticed this on multiple surveys) or does it sound like a bug?

Please let me know if this sounds like a setup issue, even though this is occurring on less then 1% of our submissions, it does have consequences with our business unit.

Thanks,

- Jake

Image of survey shared with a specific group:

Image of USERNAME column not getting populated:

Survey123 Connect Definition for the USERNAME question:

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jake

One thing to check is the sharing permissions of the service - does this match the survey and does it allow anonymous submission?

0 Kudos
JakeMatthys

Thanks for the reply Johnathan.

Both the Survey Form and supporting Feature Service are shared with the same specific group.  They are not shared with 'Everyone', nor are the shared with the whole 'Organization', only a specific group within our organization.  My understanding is that since the Feature Service is only shared with a specific group, that prevents anonymous submissions.

Any other ideas?  Should I submit this as a bug?

Thanks,

- Jake

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jake

In that case, the issue will need further troubleshooting as the permissions sound fine.

Are you able to isolate the issue to a particular device or operating system?

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Also - I'm aware of the following bug:

If you open up a survey with a username question from drafts, that was originally saved offline - the username question does not populate. 

Does this sound like a possible cause in light of your user workflows?

JakeMatthys

Hi Johnathan,

Thanks for the info.  Yes this scenario is a real possibility.  In fact it is the most likely cause.

I am glad to know that it is a bug and will be resolved.

Thanks,

- Jake

0 Kudos