Can't see Custom Geographic Transformation in Project Tool - ArcGIS Pro 2.1

07-17-2018 03:33 PM
SheilaChurchill1
New Contributor II

ArcGIS Pro 2.1, Local install, Windows 10

I am trying to create a custom geographic transformation and then use it in the Project tool.

I have used the create custom geographic transformation tool to create it - runs successfully.

I went to the folder were the .gtf files are saved and I can see it there.

When I use the Project tool and press the drop down arrow under Geographic Transformations I can see a lot of transformations but not the one I created.

Anyone have any ideas why my custom transformation does not show up in the Project tool?

Thanks

Sheila Churchill

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

Do you have the NTv2 file installed? If you installed per-machine / for everyone, it can go in: 

C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\pedata\ntv2\canada

However, you should instead install the ArcGIS Coordinate Systems Data setup for Pro 2.1 which should include the Canadian NTv2 file.

Note: The NTv2_0 file converts from NAD27 to NAD83 (original), not to NAD83 CSRS which is maybe why you're defining the custom transformation.

Note: You should only use GCS in the Create Custom Geographic Transformation tool.

Melita

0 Kudos
SheilaChurchill1
New Contributor II

Melita, thank you for your reply. I had assumed that the NTv2 file was installed as it showed up in the drop down list in the Create Custom Geographic Transformation tool ( see attached image from original message). However, when I checked the directory you gave me, there was nothing there, so I copied the files from my ArcMap 10.4 install directory and tried again but it still didn't work.

Can you tell me where I can get the ArcGIS Coordinate Systems Data Setup for Pro 2.1?

Note - I can create and access this custom transformation if I do it in ArcMap 10.4 or 10.5, just can't get it working with Pro. With ArcMap I did have to download and copy the ntv2 file to the correct directory.

Sheila

0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Sheila, 

Login to MyEsri, choose My Organizations, Downloads, Data and Content. 

Melita

0 Kudos