AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cannot Fix Broken Data SDE Datasource in Pro Imported from ArcMap

Question asked by mvolz47 on Jul 16, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 16, 2018 by mvolz47

I have encountered a few examples of SDE data that is imported into Pro being broken and I am unable to fix the broken link by using the Set Data Source button like I could do with the same button in ArcMap (In addition, the datasource is not even broken in the ArcMap mxd that is the import source for ArcPro).

This is not a problem for simple SDE layers in ArcPro that I can add manually with 1 or 2 button clicks.  The issue arises if I have highly modified the layer in ArcMap (scale dependency, symbology, labels, etc.) where duplicating the layer could take quite some time.

Has anyone else encountered this issue with SDE data?  If so, were you able to fix the broken link in Pro without losing all the layer modifications by bringing in the layer brand new in Pro?  Can you explain what you did to recover the broken layer?

If you could also share what sort of layer modifications would prove difficult for the import process from ArcMap to Pro, as that might be a step in the workflow of moving ArcMap mxds to ArcPro aprxs where changes would need to be made in ArcMap as that would be more efficient than making the fixes in ArcPro.

Any help or feedback is greatly appreciated.

Outcomes