How does Survey123 create a pdf from word documents?

07-13-2018 01:12 PM
roemhildtg
Occasional Contributor III

I think the new survey123 functionality is super cool where you can export a pdf from a word doc template. I was just curious as to how it works! 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Greg - This is not yet supported. But we do have PDF support open as an enhancement request.

I'll add your request to it.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
roemhildtg

Hi John, thanks that would be very helpful.

I guess I didn't realize that it wasn't a pdf! I am still curious though, how does the web app convert a docx to a html printout? Are you able to provide details on the technology used?

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Gregg,

Actually, the Survey123 website neither converts a docx template to a PDF nor HTML format. What we can generate currently is still a docx output based on the input docx template. See https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/07/26/introducing-custom-form-report-templates...  for details.

However, as John mentioned, we have PDF support enhancement request which is still under investigation.

0 Kudos
roemhildtg

Hi Zhifang, thanks for the response.  I think we're missing each other on what I'm asking. I'm talking about the new beta capability in Survey123 that lets you upload a .docx document that can be used report template file. It then lets you export (print) that report document using your browser. This functionality already exists, I've used it, and I'm really just wondering how this works. 

0 Kudos
JodyZhengLiu
Esri Contributor

Hi Greg, 

The option of printing the Feature Report in PDF is available now on https://survey123beta.arcgis.com, along with other new beta features for the next release. We would love to have you have a test and share any feedback or issues you may encounter in the Survey123 Beta Website Feedback forum .

Thanks,

Jody Zheng Liu

0 Kudos