autoPanModeChangedHandler in 100.3

Jump to solution
07-13-2018 08:18 AM
WorthSparks
New Contributor III

After updating my project with 100.3, my autoPanModeChangedHandler is no longer called. I made a test app with basically the same swift code from the [ArcGIS Runtime SDK Samples]->[Display device location] and it doesn't fire there either. Does anyone know if the way we should use autoPanModeChangedHandler has changed?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhilipGruenler
Esri Contributor

Worth Sparks,

I can reproduce this.  I've put an issue in and we'll get it fixed in the next release.  In the mean time, would you be able to use KVO in place of the autoPanModeChangedHandler?

You can add an observer:

mapView.locationDisplay.addObserver(self, forKeyPath: "autoPanMode", options: [.new, .old], context: &myContext)

And then write the function that gets called when a change happens:

override func observeValue(forKeyPath keyPath: String?, of object: Any?, change: [NSKeyValueChangeKey : Any]?, context: UnsafeMutableRawPointer?) {

if context == &myContext {

if let newValue = change?[NSKeyValueChangeKey.newKey], let oldValue = change?[NSKeyValueChangeKey.oldKey], let prop = keyPath, let sender = object {

print("\(type(of: (sender) as AnyObject)) - \(prop) changed: \(newValue) old value: \(oldValue)")

DispatchQueue.main.async {

// Do any UI work on the main thread.

}

}

else {

print("context matched but some value was null")

}

} else {

super.observeValue(forKeyPath: keyPath, of: object, change: change, context: context)

}

}

You'll need to remove the observer:

deinit {

mapView.locationDisplay.removeObserver(self, forKeyPath: "autoPanMode")

}

One way to create a variable for the context is:

private var myContext = 0

I didn't use the new Swift mapView.locationDisplay.observe syntax because of this Swift bug [SR-5872] newValue and oldValue always nil when observing AVPlayerItem.status - Swift  As far as I can tell it is still a bug but might be worth a try with the latest version.

Thanks,

Phil

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhilipGruenler
Esri Contributor

Worth Sparks,

I can reproduce this.  I've put an issue in and we'll get it fixed in the next release.  In the mean time, would you be able to use KVO in place of the autoPanModeChangedHandler?

You can add an observer:

mapView.locationDisplay.addObserver(self, forKeyPath: "autoPanMode", options: [.new, .old], context: &myContext)

And then write the function that gets called when a change happens:

override func observeValue(forKeyPath keyPath: String?, of object: Any?, change: [NSKeyValueChangeKey : Any]?, context: UnsafeMutableRawPointer?) {

if context == &myContext {

if let newValue = change?[NSKeyValueChangeKey.newKey], let oldValue = change?[NSKeyValueChangeKey.oldKey], let prop = keyPath, let sender = object {

print("\(type(of: (sender) as AnyObject)) - \(prop) changed: \(newValue) old value: \(oldValue)")

DispatchQueue.main.async {

// Do any UI work on the main thread.

}

}

else {

print("context matched but some value was null")

}

} else {

super.observeValue(forKeyPath: keyPath, of: object, change: change, context: context)

}

}

You'll need to remove the observer:

deinit {

mapView.locationDisplay.removeObserver(self, forKeyPath: "autoPanMode")

}

One way to create a variable for the context is:

private var myContext = 0

I didn't use the new Swift mapView.locationDisplay.observe syntax because of this Swift bug [SR-5872] newValue and oldValue always nil when observing AVPlayerItem.status - Swift  As far as I can tell it is still a bug but might be worth a try with the latest version.

Thanks,

Phil

0 Kudos
WorthSparks
New Contributor III

I just transitioned my code to KVO on autoPanMode and it works great. It isn't as elegant as autoPanModeChangedHandler but it makes an awesome workaround for until the fix comes.

Thanks Phil.

Worth