ArcMap will not zoom after panning

07-13-2018 01:52 PM
MichaelKalua1
New Contributor

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with ArcMap 10.6 Basic not being able to zoom in/out once I pan from where the map originally loads. The scale list in the toolbar will update but the map will not refresh even if I press F5 or push the refresh button. The map will load up if and only if I pan again (sometimes a couple times). 

This started happening recently and occurs even with new blank maps. I've tried changing settings on refresh time and clearing cache, but neither have helped. 

Any ideas on how this issue may be resolved?

Thanks for the help! 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
GhadaEl-Sayed
Esri Contributor

Hello Michael, 

Is this happening with a specific type of data you add  to ArcMap or any data? 

0 Kudos
MichaelKalua1
New Contributor

It seems to happen with any data added to ArcMap, but I have only been using vector shapefiles. 

I am currently updating to 10.6.1 so I will post an update whether the problem persists after updating. 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
BridgetEckhardt
New Contributor

Michael, did you ever resolve this?

I have the exact same problem and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling ArcGIS Desktop. I recently updated from 10.5 to 10.6 to no avail. I have tried many other suggestions as well. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
KevinHitchcock1
New Contributor

I have the same problem, using 10.6.1. I work in two locations and have a workstation in each office. I save my mxd's on a network drive so I access them in both locations but this happens sometimes when I've created an mxd on one computer then attempt to access it on the other computer. I can't seem to get around it without creating two mxd's one for each computer. The data is all there, map doesn't fully redraw when I pan or zoom. Refresh button does nothing. Clear display cache, nothing.

0 Kudos