AnsweredAssumed Answered

Fishnet

Question asked by baran.iscen on Jul 12, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 13, 2018 by baran.iscen

Hello,

I am reporting back to this forum, since I have an issue with a tool in ArcGis: Fishnet. Briefly, I have a map and points. Ideally I would like to sub-divide the map in grids, relatively small, and then look at wether there are points and borders in the grid. At the end of the day, I want to see if the grids with borders contain more points than the others.

I looked on the internet and understood that the right tool was Fishnet. However, when I use Fishnet, the Output feature class does not appear in the Layers and I don't understand why this is so. I re-started several times but nothing change.

To create the Fishnet, I must precise that I took the shp. file on my desk (and not the Layer directly since this was not accepted) but I had to rename it. Then I put the template extent as the layer concerned, and put arbitrarily 50 and 50 for the height and width.

Then, there is the question of whether or not it is possible to calculate whether there is a line and points for each grid, but first there is the ouput feature class problem that I would like to solve - if you can help me.

Many thanks,

Outcomes