Error in executing grid expression - Reclassify

02-08-2011 11:13 PM
EoinO_Keeffe
New Contributor
Hi,

FIrst of all i'm a novice to ArcGIS and i'm attempting to get shortest paths between ports over the ocean (globall located ports). The easiest way i can see of doing this is to
1: COnvert ocean feature dataset to raster
2: Reclassify so the whole ocean has a value of 1
3: Run cost distance against all ports
4: Run cost path against all port

HOwever, i'm hitting a problem at point and getting the following error when i try to reclassify:

Executing (Reclassify (2)): Reclassify D:\PHD\Modelling\GIS_Modelling\NetworkModelling\ocean_raster Value "57211527168 11152826302464 1" C:\tmp DATA
Start Time: Wed Feb 09 09:09:32 2011
ERROR 010067: Error in executing grid expression.
Failed to execute (Reclassify (2)).
End Time: Wed Feb 09 09:09:33 2011 (Elapsed Time: 1.00 seconds)

Incidentally, I'm doing this through model builder (i've tried running each function separately as well as running the entire model). I've looked up what typically causes this and found it's spaces or if the raster file name output is greater than 13. But neither seem to be the case for the above. Is there some issue that the values are too large to reclassify?

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere, i haven't been able to find it.

Thanks for any help/advice

EOin
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ho_KhanhNguyen
New Contributor
Hi,

FIrst of all i'm a novice to ArcGIS and i'm attempting to get shortest paths between ports over the ocean (globall located ports). The easiest way i can see of doing this is to
1: COnvert ocean feature dataset to raster
2: Reclassify so the whole ocean has a value of 1
3: Run cost distance against all ports
4: Run cost path against all port

HOwever, i'm hitting a problem at point and getting the following error when i try to reclassify:

Executing (Reclassify (2)): Reclassify D:\PHD\Modelling\GIS_Modelling\NetworkModelling\ocean_raster Value "57211527168 11152826302464 1" C:\tmp DATA
Start Time: Wed Feb 09 09:09:32 2011
ERROR 010067: Error in executing grid expression.
Failed to execute (Reclassify (2)).
End Time: Wed Feb 09 09:09:33 2011 (Elapsed Time: 1.00 seconds)

Incidentally, I'm doing this through model builder (i've tried running each function separately as well as running the entire model). I've looked up what typically causes this and found it's spaces or if the raster file name output is greater than 13. But neither seem to be the case for the above. Is there some issue that the values are too large to reclassify?

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere, i haven't been able to find it.

Thanks for any help/advice

EOin

You mean when you Reclassify your raster you have problem with this notification Error 010067: Error in executing grid expression. Unable to initialize reclass table????

I have just got this situtation. My solution is very simple as following:
- Choose Spatial Analyst
- Choose Raster Calculator
- Choose your error raster. (Just problem raster!!!). >>>
- Click Evaluate
>>> Calculation result raster can be classied

Hope this can help you!!!

Best regards,

Khanh
0 Kudos
EoinO_Keeffe
New Contributor
Thanks for your response Khan, but i've long given up on arcgis now. I'm using matlab to do it now - i think arcgis was probably the wrong platform to use for what i trying to do.
0 Kudos