PublishingTools does not start in ArcGisServer 10.2

07-05-2018 04:41 AM
DayanidhiKhanda
New Contributor

I am trying publishing a service in arcgis server 10.2 and it gives below screenshot errorPublishError

I tried to start the service in Arcgis ServerManager as described in the error message but it gives below screenshot errorArcserverManager Error

Thanks and any suggestions much appreciated.

Daya

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Try the following steps.

1. Close all ArcGIS Applications and web browsers in ArcGIS Server machine.

2. Go to <ArcGIS Server installation directory>\directories\arcgissystem\locks folder, and delete all lock files (*.rlock, *.glock, etc).

3. Restart ArcGIS Server service from Windows Services (Run > type "services.msc"). It might take some time for ArcGIS Server and its services to restart.

4. Try publishing the map service again.

Let me know if the issue still persist.

Think Location
0 Kudos
DayanidhiKhanda
New Contributor

Hi Sir,

Thank you for solution. but i did not find the locks folder as per your suggestion.

Here is my system folder path screenshotfolderPath

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check if rebooting the ArcGIS Server machine works for you.

This should also restart the ArcGIS Server service from Windows Services.

Note: Ensure the "ArcGIS Server" service in Windows services is set to "Automatic (Delayed Start)". It will allow the dependencies to install prior to starting ArcGIS Server.

Think Location
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Could the hyphen "-" in ESKAR-32.ESKAR.COM be causing issues because a "-" is a special character that is not supported in a name?

0 Kudos
DayanidhiKhanda
New Contributor

Hi Sir,

Thank you for solution. I tried that also but it does not work.

0 Kudos
DanielUrbach
Occasional Contributor II

Dayanidhi Khanda

Can you confirm that permissions to the C:\Python27 folder are correct for the user running ArcGIS Server?  The user should have full control on this directory.  Also I recommend going into that folder and confirming that the same user has full control over C:\Python27\ArcGISx6410.2, as I have seen this behavior occur when this particular subdirectory did not have the right permissions.

If those permissions are set, I also recommend you confirm whether there are any Python paths in the system environmental variables or the environmental variables for the user running ArcGIS Server.  If there are variables set, you should add C:\Python27\ArcGISx6410.2 to the front of that path, or remove the path altogether from the variable.

Jayanta Poddar‌ The locks folder did not exist before ArcGIS Server version 10.4