AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to detect that a new attachment has been added

Question asked by tom.rippetoe on Jul 3, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 5, 2018 by tom.rippetoe

I have a hosted feature service with attachments enabled. The service was created by uploading a file geodatabase.

We have a need to be able to tell programmatically when a feature has had an attachment added. 

I have Editor Tracking enabled on the feature service (Keep track of who created and last updated features), but adding an attachment to a feature seems to have no impact on the EditDate value of the feature.  In our file geodatabase we had Editor Tracking enabled on the __ATTACH table so presumably those fields made it into AGOL. However, i can't figure out how to access the __ATTACH table.

I am aware of the 'Keep track of created and updated features', but threads on geonet and the esri documentation seem to indicate that the property doesn't do anything yet, or perhaps is not accessible by applications using the python api?

My question is this: is there a way that i can programmatically (think python API) detect when a feature in a hosted feature service has had an attachment added to it?

thank you.

Outcomes