How do I change an ArcGIS Pro "per user" installation to a "per machine" installation?

07-03-2018 01:41 PM
TimothyWilson1
New Contributor II

As part of upgrading to ArcGIS Pro (AGP) v2.2, I tried to install the "ArcGIS Data Interoperability for Pro" product component (file ArcGIS_Data_Interop_Ext_for_Pro_22_163827.exe), but it failed stating that it can only be installed on "per machine" AGP instances. It would seem that installing "per user" is the default when installing AGP, and it could be that when upgrading it also defaults to the existing type of install (in my case, per user). In any case, I am not given the option to install "per machine" when starting from the AGP2.2 installation file. Note I DO have administrator privileges.

In order to install the data interoperability extension for AGP2.2, it would seem either:

1 There is some AGP install file that DOES work with a per user installation, in which case, can anyone identify it with a URL?

2 Change or uninstall/reinstall AGP (and ArcMap too?) from a per user install to a per machine install, then I should be able to install  ArcGIS_Data_Interop_Ext_for_Pro_22_163827.exe. Any info or advice for this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

This isn't going to be a complete reply. The ArcGIS Pro setup program does support both per-machine and per-user. It's on an early page where it asks whether you want to install for 'everyone' or 'you'. They get installed into different locations. The per-user install goes into your User folders rather than into Program Files. If you're updating, then yes, I suspect it would just do the same install type as the previous version. I would try uninstalling/reinstalling, making sure to choose the 'everyone' option.