ArcGIS Pro 2.2: 'Scene' option is not available

07-03-2018 10:19 PM
Azalea_KamelliaAbdullah
New Contributor II

This is the weirdest thing I've come across so far. I've just updated to ArcGIS Pro 2.2. And I haven't been using the 3D scene function in ArcGIS Pro for quite some time. Even so, I do know how it works technically. The thing is, why isn't my the 'Scene' option available under my 'Application' options. I can't configure any elevations at all for my data. Please refer to the screenshot below:

My ArcGIS Pro 2.2

Shouldn't I be seeing this?:

The license is Advanced and still valid till next year and the extensions include 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst. May I know what seems to be the problem? Just a forewarning, I am not the administrator of this assigned machine and despite my protest, it seems like only the IT person could make any changes. Any ideas on the probable cause would be helpful. 

Thanks in advance!

Lèa

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The description is here

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/mapping/map-authoring/scenes.htm

To open a new scene, you have the option to create a new global or new local scene directly. On the Insert tab, click the New Map menu and choose either New Global Scene New Globe View or New Local Scene New Scene View. Optionally, right-click Maps in the Catalog pane to create a new scene in either mode.

Then 

To change the current view mode for your scene, click the View tab and choose either Global 3D Global View or Local Local

some things have moved