6 hours are being added to time in survey123

07-02-2018 09:13 AM
LynnBerni
Occasional Contributor II

I've been working to build surveys based on an existing feature service that populate data housed in our enterprise GDB.  As I was fine tuning the survey, I created multiple versions in AGOL...three of which have real data. We finally got the submision URL for the existing feature service working and now have data that is going straight to SDE...woohoo!  

When I exported the three AGOL suveys to FGDB (so I can add the data to SDE) i noticed that 6 hours was added to the time for each record! When I look at the data in AGOL, the times are correct. The same is happening with our data that is coming straight in to SDE!!  What's going on here?

I'm in Mountain Time. 

Thanks, 

Lynn

4 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Do you have the feature services originating from your own ArcGIS Server and referenced in AGOL or are the feature services created directly in AGOL?

0 Kudos
LynnBerni
Occasional Contributor II

The feature services for the three “test” surveys were created by Survey123 connect directly in AGOL

The existing feature service for the SDE survey originated from our ArcGIS Server (federated Portal something or other)

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I know you can control whether a AGS mapservice is using the standard UTC time or your local time zone when configuring the mapservice/feature service.  I am not sure if you have this type of control on an AGOL based feature service.  Hopefully someone on GeoNet or at ESRI would have the answer to that question.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lynn,

ArcGIS Online stores date information as UTC time values (see Work with date fields—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS).  You can embed the UTC offset of the submission by using the function pulldata("@property", 'utcoffset') as a calculated question in the form and then calculate an offset time from that.