Property Page no longer showing since 2.2 update

06-29-2018 10:29 AM
BrianBulla
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I just updated to 2.2 and now the custom property page that used to appear under Options - Application is no longer visible.

I have recompiled and still no luck.  Any ideas as to what I can try to get things working again??

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrianBulla

Here is the Property Sheet section in my config.daml

<propertySheets>
    <updateSheet refID="esri_core_optionsPropertySheet">
      <insertPage id="esri_sdk_PropertyPageAppSettings" caption="DSM Tool Settings" className="ApplicationSettingsViewModel" group="Application">
        <content className="ApplicationSettingsView" />
      </insertPage>
    </updateSheet>
  </propertySheets>
0 Kudos
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brian

Try running Pro from the command line using the EnableDiagnostics flag.  A log file will get created in your  user’s Documents folder under an ArcGIS\Diagnostics sub-folder.  This log file could provide some hints as to to why the add-in is not loading.

There is also another command line that will allow you to view the DAML items loaded by Pro. You can check the DAML log generated to see if your Property page is being loaded by Pro at startup.

View the DAML elements loaded at startup

Thanks

Uma

0 Kudos
BrianBulla

Hi Uma,

Unfortunately I was getting so annoyed I ended up just creating a new project from scratch and copy/pasting all the code from the old one to the new one.  Within about 10 minutes I had everything working again, without really changing anything.

So, I'm not really sure if that helps to troubleshoot why it stopped working.  Has something changed with how a 'Property Sheet' project works in 2.2??

All of my other projects are working fine after the 2.2 update.  It was just this one that was giving me troubles.

If this happens again I will investigate the tools you mention above before recreating a project.

0 Kudos
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brian

I duplicated your workflow - created an add-in using 2.1 that added a new page to the Options dialog. I then upgraded Pro and this page still showed up in Pro 2.2. I don't think anything has changed - if you see this again, try using those steps to what was causing the add-in to not work.

Glad it is working now!

Uma

0 Kudos