I have 18 questions that ask the user to enter a value, at the end of the survey it has a line for the total of those values entered. How do I get that to automatically calculate?

07-03-2018 09:08 AM
JeffHyder
New Contributor III

I am need help I am sure this simple but I am just old and frail.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jeff,

In Survey123 Connect, you can add a question that adds together the values using a calculation.  See Formulas—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS and https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2015/08/24/using-formulas-in-survey123 .  If you are creating the survey via the Survey123 website, you will need to download and edit the surveying Survey123 Connect to apply a calculation.

JeffHyder
New Contributor III

Thank you for the reply. I figured that part now and I was originally doing this with the web designer and realized I would need to do it in xlsforms in order to get my one field to calculate. I had added images to the web designer survey but now my survey is working except that my images are not showing up. I have placed them in the media folder but just have little image icons when I try to view after being published or preview. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jeff,

I would check to make sure the capitalization of the filenames matches the capitalization you supplied in the form (i.e., dog.jpg vs. Dog.JPG or something similar) - it must match to work properly.

0 Kudos