Debug-Symbols of V100.3 .. V100.6

06-29-2018 03:53 AM
NorbertThoden
Occasional Contributor III

Hi!

Does someone know here to get the debug symbols for ArcgisRuntimeQt V100.3?
Of cource after release 🙂

I get different answers and so i am a little bit confused?

Thanks in advance

Edit:

Now, V100.6 is released and it is still a problem to get the debug symbol right now.

Support said: it could take up to 2 weeks" - can´t believe 😞

0 Kudos
11 Replies
EricBader

Hi Norbert!

Technical Support should be able to provide the answers to you on this.

NorbertThoden

Hi Eric!
Thank you.
Unfortunately the German Support was surprised about my question. So i pleased them be prepared at the release date (end of next week!?). But they prefere to wait until the release date and start the investigation to get the debug symbols then. (Maybe a delay of one week.)
I have to save time and therefore my question. Can you provide a contact adress for the German Support team regarding this issue?
(I would be so easy if there would be a simple download link.)

Thanky you and greetings from Germany

0 Kudos
NorbertThoden

Hi Eric!

If he is not on vacation, that should work, of course.

Thank you very much for your support.

I would nice to understand, why access to this data is limited.

Is´t possible for you to explain or does it takes to much time?

Thanks in advance

Norbert

0 Kudos
ThorstenLowin
Esri Contributor

Hello, Esri Germany asked Esri Inc. tech Support (Case 02141139) but it seems to be not so easy to get these debug-symbols for an analyst. Are you sure that Tech Support is the correct way to get such debug symbols? Are these debug symbols supported at all? regards Thorsten

0 Kudos
KwasiAsante1
New Contributor III

Hi Thornsten, 

As Eric indicated in the first response, we (Esri Support) have a process in place to get you the required files. An analyst will reach out you on the specified case to get the right information so we can quickly get the debug symbols to you. 

Regards, 

Kwasi

NorbertThoden

Hi Kwasi!

So, if i request the debug smybols netxt time (maybe V100.3.1) i will get them at the relase date (or maybe the next day)

Can you confirm?

(We need the very quickly after release!)

Btw:

Why is such a complicated process required to get the debug symbols?

As a customer i would prefer to download the files at that moment when i download the SDK....

(Maybe within the MyEsri portal.)

It would be simple, very effective, no delay, no confusion, no questions, no analyst would be involved ....

This time at least 6 ESRI employees people were involved...

Thx

0 Kudos
KwasiAsante1
New Contributor III

Hi Norbert, 

Thanks for the response. I cannot guarantee that users will get the debug symbols on the release date or even the next day after but I can assure you we will work on getting the files to users as and when they are available. 

Also, your suggestion on using MyEsri in distributing the files sounds quite reasonable to me. In fact I will be discussing it with all involved in order to ensure we can do that without any issues. I will let you know on this thread if that is a plausible alternative. 

Kind Regards, 

Kwasi

0 Kudos
NorbertThoden

Hi!

I want to get the debug symbols for V100.4.

This time the ESRI support was able to deliver the data within a few hours - great!

Norbert

KwasiAsante1
New Contributor III

Good to know

0 Kudos