ArcGIS Pro - Utility Network - SDE

06-27-2018 11:19 AM
ModernElectric
Occasional Contributor III

Sorry to be seriously ignorant here, but I am doing some experimentation with ArcGIS pro and learned about the Utility Network package tool and the Water Distribution Utility Network and Electric Utility Network. Both I am curious about working with and experimenting with to integrate with my current workflow. At the present time, I am running a File GDB on ArcMap and publishing Feature Layers to our ArcGIS Online account. I have been experimenting with the ArcGIS Solutions and trying somethings out. One of the first things the instructions says to do is to create an Enterprise Geodatabase. I have all of the parameters I need for the Oracle database, except for the Authorization file. The only thing we have is ArcGIS Desktop Standard and Publisher. All of the literature I have been looking at keeps stating ArcGIS for Server, but of course I do not have that. So, the ignorant part.... In order to work with ArcGIS Pro and the Utility network feature, do we need ArcGIS for Server and SDE? Not very familiar with SDE functionality so I am learning on the fly. Looking for a little guidance is all.

Thank You 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Modern Electric,

I realize this is an older post, but since it appeared in my 'related content' feed, I thought I would post a response. In case other users have a similar question.

> In order to work with ArcGIS Pro and the Utility network feature, do we need ArcGIS for Server and SDE? 

Yes. More specifically, to use the new Utility Network data model, you will need ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Enterprise (which includes ArcGIS Server and enterprise geodatabases).

What is a utility network?—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

(please see the 2nd paragraph)

Hope this helps,