Survey123 Template fails to launch

06-27-2018 06:32 AM
MatthewMcBurney3
New Contributor II

Hello, 

Has anyone else found that in AppStudio 3.0.53 the Survey123 (Template) fails to "Run"? I have been waiting for Esri Inc. to confirm this as a bug. Esri Canada was able to reproduce it.

The error occurs even after zero manipulation of the code. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Matthew, 

I just tested this on AppStudio Desktop 3.0.53 (On Windows 10) and I am able to run the Survey123 (Template). I am not seeing the QtBluetooth error. 

Is the AppStudio Desktop running on MacOS or Windows 10 or Windows 7?

If you are on Windows, can you check this path on your computer, C:\Users\<username>\Applications\ArcGIS\AppStudio\bin\qml\QtBluetooth ? Do you have "declarative_bluetooth.dll" ?

Thank you,

Erwin

0 Kudos
MatthewMcBurney3
New Contributor II

Neither, i am using Windows 7. And i can confirm, i do have the declarative_bluetooth.dllbluetooth.dll

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Matthew, 

I can reproduce this issue on Windows 7 machine using AppStudio Desktop 3.0.53. 

This is a bug. Thank you for reporting. 

I will add a reply to this thread once we find a workaround or solution to this issue. 

Erwin.

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Matthew, 

The problem is the QtBluetooth module is not working on Windows 7, 8.1 and Windows Server 2012. 

Here's the workaround the remove the QtBluetooth module from the Survey123 code base. This update should be included in the next AppStudio release, but you can make the changes to the code base for now.

• App/template/PrinterBluetooth.qml , see image below
    • remove or comment out `import QtBluetooth 5.3`
    • update `import QtQuick 2.5` to 2.9
    • set the `ready` properties in the `Printer` component to false
    • comment out the whole `BluetoothSocket` component

App/template/PrinterBluetooth.qml

• App/template/PrinterConfigPage.qml , remove or comment out `import QtBluetooth 5.3`, see image below

App/template/PrinterConfigPage.qml

• App/template/SurveyPrintPage.qml, remove or comment out  import `QtBluetooth 5.3`, see image below

App/template/SurveyPrintPage.qml

I tested this on my end, it works, and no more QtBluetooth error. Let me know if this works on your end.

Thank you,

Erwin

0 Kudos
MatthewMcBurney3
New Contributor II

Yes! This worked for me as well! Thanks for your help! I see that 3.1 is in Beta, is this addressed there? What's the schedule to make 3.1 the official release?

0 Kudos
MatthewMcBurney3
New Contributor II

Hi Erwin,

While the Bluetooth error has stopped and the Survey123 app launches I have a new problem. As you can see in the images below, it will not connect to the generic or my org AGOL. I also get a message that AppStudio has failed in someway after my attempt to use the app (this does not happen when using other templates in my account).

0 Kudos
MatthewMcBurney3
New Contributor II

With the help of Tom from Esri Canada I think I have it figured out! I am now in Survey123!

"So I believe I've resolved the client_ID error message, this is because the default application you've generated is not actually part of ArcGIS Online yet, so there is no client_ID associated with it. To resolve this problem, follow the steps below:

1. In AppStudio, on the Survey123 Template, select the Upload button.
    1. This may take several minutes
  2. Once uploaded, still within AppStudio, select Settings.
    1. This will open the settings for the Survey123 template
  3. In the AppStudio Settings menu, select Advanced...
  4. In the Advanced Settings menu, click on the Register button

This will generate a client_ID for your application within you ArcGIS Online Organization, allowing you to sign in properly through the viewer."

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes! I am glad that this works out for you.

0 Kudos