Add Public Account to MyEsri Organization for Training Access?

Jump to solution
06-26-2018 10:37 AM
AltumGroup
New Contributor

We have a summer intern who is interested in learning GIS. He already has a public account from some previous esri training he took elsewhere. It would be easy to add him to our organization using the email we provide him for work, however any certificates he earns and his esri training transcript would be associated with the work email address. I'd like those details to be associated with his public account so they stay with him for future esri use, job searches, etc.

Is it possible to associate a publicaccount with our myesri organization account so that we can grant him training  training access while he works in our office for the summer?

Thanks,

-JD

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BobWaltrip
Esri Contributor

Yes.  Within My Esri, you can connect any user to your organization.  Once connected, if the organization's maintenance is up to date, the user will have access to training.  To "connect" the user's account to your organization in My Esri, the admin of your organization can invite the user or the user can request access.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BobWaltrip
Esri Contributor

Yes.  Within My Esri, you can connect any user to your organization.  Once connected, if the organization's maintenance is up to date, the user will have access to training.  To "connect" the user's account to your organization in My Esri, the admin of your organization can invite the user or the user can request access.

AlexNies
New Contributor

How does a public user request access? How does the admin invite? I am not finding anywhere that makes this obvious

0 Kudos
ManuelBallesteros
New Contributor III

Hi Alex – If you are an Admin on the My Esri site for your customer #, you can click on My Organizations then Users. Here you will see Invite Users. You will then add their email address and select the permissions you would like them to have.

For a user not connected to My Esri, when they log in they will see a Request Permissions link. If they fill this out, the Admin will be notified and they can go into My Esri and approve or deny the request in the Manage Request section of the Users tab.

Manny Ballesteros | Customer Service Team Lead

Esri | 380 New York St | Redlands, CA 92373 | USA

T 909 793 2853 x 2240 | mballesteros@esri.com<mailto:mballesteros@esri.com> | esri.com<http://esri.com/>

THE SCIENCE OF WHERE ®

0 Kudos