Hello and thanks in advance for your help!
I am doing a study on irrigation assets, collecting data using ArcCollector. This includes attachments (photographs of each irrigation asset). After collecting around 1000 records I realised that I needed to change some of my fields to better address the needs of the audit.
Out of fear of messing with my original 1000 records, I copied my feature class [IrrigationPoints] and made the required changes to the new, copied feature class [IrrigationPoints_1].
The changes were:
- changed the site ID from integer to text
- added more options sprinkler types
- added a new field to capture defects
- added a new comment field
I needed to desktop-edit my original data [IrrigationPoints] to include the new sprinkler types, defects field and comments field (which weren't included in the ArcCollector App while I was in the field). I have done so by exporting and editing in excel (as there were so many entries to change at once).
So now I have collected data on the other 1000 assets in the new feature class [IrrigationPoints_1].
Do you have any ideas on the best process to combine these two data sets into one? I was hoping that I could use the append tool in ArcGIS Online, but have become aware that this won't take the corresponding attachments. And now that I have my original 1000 data entries in excel I think I have complicated things.
I think this is the way forward (see below) but would love some advice as I am a novice and not usually very efficient with my processes (as you can probably tell from my process above).
- Export the original data [IrrigationPoints] to a geodatabase (to include attachment table)
- Join the attachment table with my data table which I editted in excel
- Create this into a new feature class (and display X Y coordinates)
- Publish this feature class into to ArcGIS Online
Now I will have 2 hosted feature classes in ArcGIS Online. All with the correct data values.
5. Append the first data set with the second data set
6. I am still not sure how I will make sure the attachments come with it!?
Thank you all on this community!!