Bringing Data from Collector to SharePoint 2013 List (which was shared from the ESRI Web Part)

06-26-2018 04:34 AM
HeidiClark
New Contributor III

We have a SharePoint 2013 List that feeds an ESRI Maps for SharePoint Web Part.  We can export the layer it creates to ArcGIS Online.  

If we have an Inspector go to the field with an IPad and no connectivity, we can cache the map generated by the Web Part.

My question is:

How would we get the collected data back int the SharePoint List (which is also used for other SharePoint purposes).

Thank you for any help or suggestions that can be provided.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MirHashmi
Occasional Contributor

What kind of data is being collected? Are you editing geometry or updating a few attributes or something else?  Nowhere in the documentation it shows that it supports disconnected/offline editing of geometry.

0 Kudos
HeidiClark
New Contributor III

We started with a SharePoint List that was not mapped.  Then added long and lat columns to add to ArcGIS for SharePoint Web Part.  So the web part updates when an item is added to the SharePoint list.  The Web Part can export the layer as a hosted feature layer.  But if we have an Inspector who would use the layer in Collector, I don't see how to update the SharePoint List.  It seems like one way communication.

Thank you very much for your answer

0 Kudos
WillHughes2
New Contributor III

You are right, it is a one-way communication, so you cannot sync edits back to the Sharepoint list. I guess a simple solution is to export the hosted feature layer to an Excel file, import the data into a new Sharepoint list, and replace the original list. However, you would have to update the web part and publish a new hosted feature layer. You can submit an enhancement request to the ArcGIS Ideas page for the sync feature service to Sharepoint list capability. ArcGIS Ideas  

0 Kudos