Print Visualization of Model

Jump to solution
06-22-2018 02:14 PM
BrandonA_CDPH
Occasional Contributor II

I'm using ArcGIS Pro.  I have developed a model and want to document it in an image or some other format (in case I goof it up in later edits).  Besides screen capture, is there an easy way to "print" a model diagram? 

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I do not believe Pro includes this functionality, although it has some neat new ways to examine and save a model in XML format. Kind of a new more comprehensive way to document what's in your model... 

ModelBuilder Report—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Not exactly the best answer you wanted, I'm sure, but you can save the toolbox to ArcMap 10.5 format, open it in ArcMap and print from there. I bet you'd need to do some cleanup though as the graphic environments are different. This is also the only current way to export a model to a Python script.

Add Export Model to Python Script back to ArcGIS Pro

This page summarizes differences between the ArcMap and Pro ModelBuilder:

ModelBuilder: migration to ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I do not believe Pro includes this functionality, although it has some neat new ways to examine and save a model in XML format. Kind of a new more comprehensive way to document what's in your model... 

ModelBuilder Report—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Not exactly the best answer you wanted, I'm sure, but you can save the toolbox to ArcMap 10.5 format, open it in ArcMap and print from there. I bet you'd need to do some cleanup though as the graphic environments are different. This is also the only current way to export a model to a Python script.

Add Export Model to Python Script back to ArcGIS Pro

This page summarizes differences between the ArcMap and Pro ModelBuilder:

ModelBuilder: migration to ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop