Edit and resend survey fails on existing FS.

06-22-2018 07:00 AM
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

Version 2.8.2

Edit and resend survey is failing on more than one survey that point to existing feature services within my federated portal 10.6.

I was able to copy the JSON out of the log file and paste it in the rest endpoint applyEdits to get the following error.  My feature service is configured for updates and posting a new feature is successful.

{  "error": {   "code": 500,   "message": "Unable to complete operation.",   "details": [       ]  } }
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

HI,

In order to diagnose what is occurring we would need more details on the form, feature service and data being submitted.  This would probably best to work through via Esri Support.

0 Kudos
LouisDECOMBE
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I've the same issue

I've published a service (feature) on my AGS. Then I referenced it in AGOL with login/password.

Then I created a survey with 123 survey connect 2.8.

When I'm on 123 survey and i create a survey, it works. But I can't edit them after thought inbox folder. I got the same message "unable to complete operation".

So if you have some advice!!

Thank you

Regards

Louis

0 Kudos
TL2
by

How are you creating your feature service, from scratch or are you importing schema/copying feature class from an exported FGDB?

0 Kudos
LouisDECOMBE
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

i did not remember well, but i think i made a copy from a FGDB because the FC has more than 150 field. 

But i insert on gdb.sde the globalID fields as explained here: How To: Create Survey123 for ArcGIS surveys that connect to non-federated ArcGIS Server services 

wait for your advices.

Regards

Louis

0 Kudos
TL2
by

I have worked with ESRI and they were not able to reproduce this behavior, but I found that ApplyEdits will not work when you create your feature service by either copying the feature class or importing schema from an exported FGDB created by publishing a HFS using Survey123.  The solution is to delete the GlobalID field in the FGDB before you copy it into your enterprise geodatabase, then enable GlobalIDs from within the feature class in your EGDB.

This was a HUGE pain for me as I had dozens of feature classes with attachments and related tables in production that would not work because I copied the feature classes over with globalIDs already in the schema.

I am on 10.6 federated.

LouisDECOMBE
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very MUCH!!!! that was the solution for me!!!!

Good luck with your applications

Regards

Louis

I'm on 10.5 non federated

0 Kudos
LouisDECOMBE
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I come back because i've an other issue. I can not share the analyst with a group on my suvey. i dont understand why.

My FC and my relation table have editor tracking.

If you have any explanation of the error message that can help me, it can be very good.

Thank you very much

Regard

Louis

0 Kudos