AnsweredAssumed Answered

How does one set true scale and only show pertinent legend in Portal?

Question asked by MarkHotz on Jun 20, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 25, 2018 by MarkHotz

I am in the process of configuring print services in Portal for ArcGIS (v 10.6).  I can produce an image or PDF of the map content, so this isn't the problem.  The issue I'm having is that no matter what setting I choose (e.g. Preserve Map Scale, Preserve Map Extents, or Force Scale) I cannot get the resulting legend to show at the selected scale.  I have set Portal for ArcGIS to use metric units, and if, for instance, if I force the scale to be 1:50,000, the resulting map image will show a scale of 1:29,299, which immediately draws attention to the integrity of the map's precision.  Altering the page size did not make a difference here either.  Is there a way to fix this?

The other issue I'm having is when I use our main orthophoto as a base map in the map I'm testing.  The resulting legend in the map image wants to include this orthophoto with a breakdown of its bands.  This is not only somewhat meaningless to the user, but also takes the focus off of what the user is intending to show.  Is there a way to fix this too?  Is there a way to exclude an orthophoto from the legend?  It would be nice to be able to select exactly what one wants to add to the legend, just like in ArcMap etc.

Thank you

Outcomes