ArcGIS Desktop Advanced Personal Use License Istallation Problem

06-17-2018 07:53 AM
anthony_summers
New Contributor

Hi, I have downloaded and installed ArcGIS Desktop Advanced Personal Use License. When I the program a window pops up on my desktop and asks for my ArcGIS online account info so that my information can be accessed. Next I enter my information for my account that I purchased the ArcGIS Desktop Advanced Personal Use License through and after submitting I get this message: "your account does not have a pronamed user license assigned. Please contact your organization administrator  to assign a license to your username." This is where I am at a loss. I am the organization admin for my account. I have followed the directions emailed to me from ArcGIS, yet I cannot open the desktop version and use.

Has anyone else encountered this and found a solution?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you try to configure ArcGIS Pro license to your Named User Account from ArcGIS Online (Web Browser)?

See steps in Manage licenses—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

In case you don't find Manage Licenses option in ArcGIS Online, you could do the following.

Question 1: What do I do if the Manage Licensing button is missing from ArcGIS Online (not Portal)?

Answer: The organization's administrator must contact Customer Service so that the organization’s ArcGIS Pro licenses can be provisioned to use for ArcGIS Online. Once licenses are provisioned by Customer Service, the administrator can then assign, revoke, and change ArcGIS Pro licenses within their organization using their ArcGIS Online account.

FAQ: What are some common questions about ArcGIS Pro Licensing? 

Think Location
0 Kudos