Reading raster elevation data

Jump to solution
06-13-2018 04:06 AM
JörgTurla
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am looking for a way to read an area of elevation data to process by my own calculations with ArcGISRuntimeQt. The class ArcGISRuntimeQt::Surface allows to get a single elevation value and is very slow in case of multiple requests.

A direct access to the underlying raster data would be very helpfull. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks, Jorg. This is a gap that we know we need to fill. What organization are you with? I would like to add you to a list of customers that are requesting this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks, Jorg. This is a gap that we know we need to fill. What organization are you with? I would like to add you to a list of customers that are requesting this.

NorbertThoden
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Luke!
Jörg is a colleague of mine and we are working on the same project
Therefore is like to mention that we need that not only for 3D (what Surface possibly suggests), but also for 2D.

Thx

0 Kudos
JörgTurla
New Contributor II

Hi Lucas,

thank your for quick response. I'm from Rheinmetall Electronics in Bremen (Germany). What is your road map? The access to elevation data is much needed to realize a fan of sight analyse (viewshed). It's  a little bit time critical because this work has to be finished end of July and the existing viewshed of ArcGISRuntimeQt doesn't fit our requirements.

Best regards

Jörg