Failed to get administrator token from the server.Please verify that the ArcGIS Server URL specified can be accessed successfully in ArcGIS Server 10.5.1

06-11-2018 08:21 PM
BethanyHall2
New Contributor II

I am new to updating our server side of things and I received this error message after updating our ArcGIS Server from 10.2.2 to 10.5.1 while I was attempting to set up our web adaptor: Failed to get administrator token from the server. Please verify that the ArcGIS Server URL specified can be accessed successfully in ArcGIS Server 10.5.1

Can someone help me figure out what to do to get our web server up and running? I have a lot of angry folks needing services.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bethany,

Are you able to access ArcGIS Server Manager through the following URL from the Web Server?

https://<server>.<domain>.<com>:6443/arcgis/manager

Also, did you uninstall the 10.2.2 Web Adaptor and install the 10.5.1 Web Adaptor?

BethanyHall2
New Contributor II

Jake,

No, I was not able to access the ArcGIS Server Manager through the manager URL. So, I submitted a trouble ticket with ESRI and they helped me setup the manager account and configure the correct permissions.

Lastly, yes, I uninstalled the 10.2.2 Web Adaptor and then installed the 10.5.1 Web Adaptor. 

0 Kudos
AshokP
by
New Contributor

I am unable to access ArcGIS Server Manager/Server URL . Can someone please help?

0 Kudos
pkaniouras
New Contributor III

I am also unable to access ArcGIS Server Manager/Server URL . Could someone help us? I am using Version 10.9.1.

0 Kudos
StevenEmbree_II1
New Contributor

I received this error as well. The issue was literally that the web adaptor was unable to reach the URL.

The web adaptor has a URL stored in a WebAdaptor.config file. The usual setup may have this file stored in the following directory:

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\arcgis

IMPORTANT: This directory may be different in your setup, please confirm with your ArcGIS administrator while troubleshooting.

This configuration file has URL entries hard coded into it. (See Below) If one or both of these URLs is/are a mismatch with the URL that the ArcGIS server is set up for, it may result in this error. In my case, the configuration file was accidentally modified manually. Restoring the URL to the correct format (in part by comparing to another functional server) resolved the error and restored access to ArcGIS Server Manager.

IMPORTANT: This is not a declaration that this is the precise issue in your case, but rather an explanation of what I found in mine. If possible, please explore this option with Esri Support to ensure that any trouble-shooting steps taken are supported. Also, before making any edits to any configuration files, ensure that the configuration file in question has been preserved in a backup.

SAMPLE:

<GISServer>
<Nodes>
<Node>someonesserver.organization.com</Node>
</Nodes>
<SiteUrl>https://someonesserver.organization.com:6443</SiteUrl>

I hope this helps! Good luck!

0 Kudos