Edit LayerList widget to allow reorganization of layers and groupings?

Jump to solution
06-06-2018 08:46 AM
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

How difficult would it be to edit the LayerList widget to allow re-organization of layers (including remove from groups, create new groups, etc)?

I was gearing up to start research for development of a means to manage Groupings and Organization of layers on maps. We have several departments that constantly require our GIS group to edit MXD's to change layer groupings and organization. Which ends up in re-configuring hundreds of layers in other widgets.

Very frustrating.

So as I started my initial foray into researching what would be required I was looking at the Layer List configuration screen and wondered whether it would be worth it to just edit it to allow moving layers around, creating (and removing) groupings, from within the Layer List Configuration screen itself?

Any thoughts from those with more experience?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brian,

This has been requested by dozens of people and is Not something that can currently be done. I have look into this and the code involved would be huge and complexity would be elaborate. Bottom line is not really an option for you.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brian,

This has been requested by dozens of people and is Not something that can currently be done. I have look into this and the code involved would be huge and complexity would be elaborate. Bottom line is not really an option for you.