"Failed to update basemap, selected basemap is not supported at this time".

06-05-2018 09:14 PM
EdmundSepikit
New Contributor

Quite recently I've been getting this error above when I try to change basemap.  I never encountered this problem before. I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.1.3.

Any solution?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
KlaudiaWirth
New Contributor II

Same issue with version 2.2.3 of ArcGIS Pro.

Reinstall does not solve the problem.

Any solution?

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Klaudia,

Carmel

KlaudiaWirth
New Contributor II

Dear Carmel,

thanks for your fast reply. I have tested all options. If I use the add Basemap button, it does not work no matter what kind of Basemap I want to insert. I always get this error report . No one is working.

If I try your last tip, Catalog > Portal > All Portal (cloud icon) > Search for 'World, imagery', I got this error

Finally, your second tip,  Add Data > Data From Path is working.

This is fine for the moment, and thanks a lot for this workaround. But if you have a solution to solve the main problem, it would be great.

Best regards

Klaudia

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Klaudia,

Glad we've found a workaround!

Next I would suggest getting in touch with your local Support team https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support  and doing a screenshare with them to determine the cause of the issue. It sounds like there could be a network issue (URLs need to be whitelisted) or an issue with your Portal/ArcGIS Online map gallery.

Carmel

0 Kudos
EdmundSepikit
New Contributor

I have found out the reason that causes the error actually. For my case at least.

I'm using three AGOL account. One of the accounts that I usually use "ran-out" of credit and it was suspended. Apparently suspended AGOL account will not be able to change basemap in ArcGIS Pro. I noticed that when I change the account I was able to change the basemap without any glitches. 

Another workaround (thanks to the Esri Tech Support) to change the base map is to logout from the account without closing your ArcGIS Pro session. VOILA you will be able to change the basemap without any issue. I was informed by the tech-support that this is a known issue. Probably a bug I'm not sure but it's already in the whitelist. 

KlaudiaWirth
New Contributor II

Thanks for the information. I have test it. In my case it was the same issue. By my fault my account ran out of credits.

Best regards

Klaudia

EmmaScott
New Contributor

Thank you for this Edmund! A year and a half later and this is still an issue but signing out allowed me to at least get the basemap I needed up so then I could get to work. My account should be perfectly fine so i'll have to make a call to figure out what is going on there but your tip worked like a charm when nothing else would!

0 Kudos
ChristopherBride1
New Contributor

this is exactly what happened to me. When I logged out of my online account, the basemaps reappeared. 

0 Kudos