AnsweredAssumed Answered

Migrate to a new Server

Question asked by ltaylor17 on Jun 4, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 12, 2018 by JQuinn-esristaff

I'm currently running ArcGIS Server, Portal, and Web Adapter v. 10.3.1 on a Windows Server 2008 and was wanting to upgrade to v. 10.6.  I asked IT to duplicate my server (ran on vmWare) for a fail over backup in case something goes wrong with the upgrade.  Instead IT created a brand new server with Windows Server 2012 R2 and told me to use that one going forward.  I asked if we could upgrade the Server 2008 to 2012 instead of starting completely over and they gave me a bunch of reasons/excuses that they couldn't.  So I need advice on how to get my ArcGIS Server & Portal over to the new Server 2012 without having to republished all my services in Server and re-set up all maps in Portal.  

Can I install 10.3.1 on the new Server 2012 and backup all my Server and Portal settings from my 2008 server and restore it on the 2012 server?  I'm finding a lot of documentation on v 10.6 with this but not much for v 10.3.1.  I have tons of Services running in server and I really don't want to open each mxd and re-publish each service.  On top of that I have several maps running in Portal.  Some are web apps made and customized thru portal and some are web maps being used in Web App Builder Developer.  Just the thought of having to do redo these from scratch is daunting.   I'm fine manually copying over my data and mxd's and I'm wanting the file structure exactly the same, I just need to get all the customized items onto this new server.  I figured once I get 10.3.1 installed and correctly setup on the 2012 Server than I can just upgrade that up to ArcGIS 10.6.

Thanks for any help!

Outcomes