Query layer has a complex query

06-01-2018 04:58 AM
CelineKayitana
New Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to publish a query layer from ArcMap, however I keep getting en arror stating the Query has complex query.

I have an Inner Join and Where clause in my Query layer. I am using time slider in my Query layer file.
The database is Oracle 12 c. 

Note: I have been running the same king of QL in SQL Server and it works perfectly for different datasets.

May you kindly advise me on what to do?

Below is a screenshot of the error

Regards,
Celine

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe try removing features one at a time to see where the issue lies - time slider first, then where clause and then inner join.

0 Kudos
CelineKayitana
New Contributor

Thanks Michael,

It's true Query layer does require simple queries without clauses like Inner Join. But when used with time slider ( for SQL Server case),it consider it as simple query than a complex one. 

And I cannot get rid of the Inner join and time slider since I want to create a dynamic map with data values that change with time. I join a shapefile with a standalone table.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I am just suggesting that you find which component of your query layer is throwing the error and then maybe you can start an incident with ESRI to see if they currently support your query layer architecture.

0 Kudos
CelineKayitana
New Contributor

Alright I get you,  I did and it is the Inner join that causes that error. 

How do we normally escalate to Esri ?

Thanks,

Celine

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

What version of ArcMap are you using?

Can you export the shapefile to a file geodatabase and try to create the query layer from there?

ESRI support is 1-888-377-4575 and you would need to be on maintenance and provide your Customer ID.  Not sure if this number is for outside the United States.

0 Kudos