Segment mean shift outputting greyscale in ArcPro 2.1.3

06-01-2018 01:03 AM
Oliver_Burdekin
Occasional Contributor II

It's been a while since I've run the segment mean shift tool and since I last ran it I've upgraded to Arc Pro 2.1.3.

Previously the output would mimic the colours of the input bands, useful for training classifications. However, in 2.1.3 tthe output is greyscale.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Oliver... the obvious question, since it has been some time you ran it.  Was it on the same image?

0 Kudos
Oliver_Burdekin

No thi is a new project, new image. I'm using a Sentinel 2 image, have processed it from level 1C to 2A (TOA to BOA) using Sen2cor, clipped all bands to my AOI, resampled the 20m bands to 10m (using one of the 10m bands as a snap raster). All rasters are the same format, pixel depth, pixel size and reside in the same gdb. I've created a composite band raster from the 10m bands which is behaving as expected in terms of viewing the image. Here's a 8,4,3 colour infrared screenshot:

All the segment mean shifts I've tried using this composite band raster are coming out greyscale. I will try in ArcMap later today and report back.

Cheers,

Oliver

0 Kudos
Oliver_Burdekin

ArcMap (10.4) is producing greyscale segment mean shifts too. Does this mean it is likely a problem with the composite band raster?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Tagging the Imagery and Remote Sensing‌ GeoNet space

0 Kudos
Oliver_Burdekin

Not to worry this was user error. I was inputting my band combinations comma separated instead of space separated. Foolish.