Create legend with 3D point extrusion

05-30-2018 04:40 PM
mikelevine
New Contributor

I have a ArcGIS Pro Scene in which I use an extrusion of point data to display my value of interest (biomass) geographically. The base height of each point is sized by biomass and I have a 3D representation of biomass that looks fine.

I am looking to create a legend in an ArcPRO Layout in which a single bar is scaled to indicate the median height of points (i.e. median biomass). In ArcMap 10.xx, I did this by plotting each point as a bar chart, and the legend automatically handled creating a single scaled bar. I'm hoping to recreate that in a ArcGIS Pro 3D scene. Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

so you are using this process http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/mapping/layer-properties/extrude-features-to-3d-symbology.htm

but can you show what you mean since not all is the same or in the same place if it is

0 Kudos
mikelevine
New Contributor

Yep, I'm using the process you linked to- all works fine there. I used the "Extrude points" function to represent the variability in biomass, using 'Base Height' Type. The only problem is in adding a Legend, in the Layout view. It is simply adding a small hollow vertical column icon for the extruded points.

Here's a segment of a ArcMap 2D representation, with legend (in blue dashes) as a scaled bar.

I'd love to recreate this legend type, but using 3d Extrusion.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ShelbyConnors
Occasional Contributor

Dan Patterson‌ would you be able to follow up on this question?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

busy trying to get a workable Pro 2.2 clone environment... if you have been following the panic around you before UC

0 Kudos