@#$%&! ArcGis Pro...

05-31-2018 06:44 AM
Labels (3)
DonPritt
Occasional Contributor II

I'm trying to setup my templates in ArcGIS Pro to mimic my ArcMap 6.0 settings like adding water laterals automatically with tees and corp stops from my water meter connections etc.

I'm finding that some capabilities are missing or I just can't figure it out, is there a way to accomplish this in ArcGIS Pro?

If so, can someone please help me with where to look?

A little frustrated with Pro....

Thanks,

9 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Don,

What are you trying to do exactly? Are there certain special options in your ArcMap mxd that you're trying to emulate? I assume you mean 10.6 and have you tried importing your mxd into Pro?

Import an ArcMap document—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
DonPritt

Yes, have imported my mxd's into ArcGIS Pro projects...

Trying to use my templates like in ArcMap 6.0; auto adding laterals with appurtenances etc...

When in Arcmap I can pick a water meter point and it will automatically add the lateral and corp stop and tee and connect to my water mains, all can be configured in the config.sys file which I did with Arcmap, at a loss with ArcGIS

Pro to do this...  

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Are you using Attribute Assistant in ArcMap to perform these tasks?

0 Kudos
DonPritt

No, not for this, from my config.sys settings.

0 Kudos
DonPritt

Is Mike Miller still around?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Yes, still here.  ArcGIS Pro provides a similar capability out of the box.  You can define a group template.  If you start with the corp stop, change the tool to a line tool.  This will let you place the corp stop as the start of the line.  Then add your service line template for the line and service connection template at the end of the line.

We have not rebuilt the water editing tools for ArcGIS Pro.  We are working with the GDB and ArcGIS Pro development teams to provide these capabilities as part of the product in a way that can be used for all industries. 

Are you working with the Utility Network Management Extension for ArcGIS? 

DonPritt

Mike, I use Water Utility Network Tools in Arcmap 10.6, wish I could replicate my same work flow tasks in Pro, I'm in the Water/Wastewater Industry but its not quite there yet I guess...

If the Utility Network Management Extension for ArcGIS can be used with Pro, please point me in the right direction to install it.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Instead of dealing with the config.sys file, have you tried looking at this article on how to create templates in Pro?

Create a project template—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Are you referring to Michael Miller‌ from Esri? If so, then yes.

DonPritt

I have created custom templates for water and sewer laterals in Pro before but lost them with a new install,

I will revisit the procedure with the link you provided.

Thanks for the help Adrian.