I am going to be primarily using my survey in the offline mode but when I try to upload them the location is the coordinates that the device is at while uploading. How can I fix this?

05-25-2018 10:19 AM
EmilyCarman
New Contributor

I am going to be using the app to survey camp roads in remote locations, it will be in offline mode, so I am inputting lat and long values as location references. However, when I check my map on ArcGIS Online the point shows up where I uploaded it from once I had service again instead of where the actual road was. Any recommendations on how to fix this problem?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Emily,

By inputting the lat and long values, are you doing so into fields in your survey or in a map control (the map control should be reading your location automatically)?  Also, you are filling out the survey and pressing the checkmark while offline to send the survey into the Outbox (as opposed to saving to the Drafts folder)?  

0 Kudos
EmilyCarman
New Contributor

Yes, I am inputting the lat/long values in questions within my survey and when I tested it out I made sure to send the survey instead of saving it to drafts.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

My guess is that you turned Airplane mode on which then cut your GPS off.

In Android you can turn on Airplane mode then manually turn Location back on. Also if you will be very remote it helps to go in and switch the Location settings to GPS only.  That way it does not hunt for WiFi all day long and drain the battery.

On Apple devices I have no idea but I think its similar settings. 

Also check to make sure your device even has a standalone GPS.  Some budget line Androids and a bunch of budget iPads have no GPS chip.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
EmilyCarman
New Contributor

Thank you Doug, I will see what the settings are on my device.

0 Kudos