Attribute error!

05-23-2018 05:53 AM
MatthewForsberg
New Contributor III

There are 966 points for tree data that was collected in the field. When I try to open the attribute table only 2 points' data show up. I've tried to create layer from selected, because when I choose select all, "( 966 out of 2 selected )" shows up. That hasn't worked, and I have also tried to export the data to excel as well says transfer the file to a new map completely, nothing has worked. When I try to sort the points an error shows up. Is the layer just completely corrupt?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Matthew,

Can you give more information about this layer? What format is the original data in? What are you trying to do to it specifically? How was the data originally collected?

0 Kudos
MatthewForsberg
New Contributor III

The original data was downloaded from ArcGIS online as a file geodatabase. The data was collected with Trimble catalyst receivers into a hosted feature layer on ArcGIS Online. All we are trying to do at this point is get the attribute table to copy over to excel. Hope that helps clarify!

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

So, which dataset is giving the problems? Is it the downloaded file geodatabase from AGOL? Or is it from whatever conversion Trimble did to the collected data?

MatthewForsberg
New Contributor III

The data was working from the Trimble conversion. I think it's safe to say the issue is the file .gdb from AGOL.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

hmm, that's interesting. Is that feature layer working properly in AGOL?

Is it possible that it's a bad download from online (and may need to be re-downloaded)?

MatthewForsberg
New Contributor III

Actually, it's neither of those. Because it's been downloaded and it has worked for at least a month..maybe it's an editing error? But the only edits made were adding spaces between words and numbers in one column.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Yeah, that does sound like it could be a data corruption issue. Can you load the gdb into a clean ArcMap document and see things normally there?

0 Kudos
MatthewForsberg
New Contributor III

You can see everything in a clean document, but it still gives me only 2 attributes rather than 900 something..I can identify trees and everything, just when it gets to going to the attribute table it shows only 2. That and they disappear symbolically as my extent goes further out.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Can you check the properties of the layer and make sure all fields are visible, make sure there are no definition queries, and make sure the scale/zoom factor is not set?