Do mmpk's support group layers?

Jump to solution
05-23-2018 09:22 AM
PaulReichart1
New Contributor II

I created an mmpk with ArcGIS Pro 2.1.2 and uploaded to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5.1. When I use ArcGIS Explorer for iOS, the group layers are gone. All layers are visible but I would like to toggle group layers. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Hi there,

Thanks for the question.

Currently group layers are not supported in the MMPK, but this item is on our roadmap, and is planned for an upcoming release.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Heather

View solution in original post

9 Replies
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Hi there,

Thanks for the question.

Currently group layers are not supported in the MMPK, but this item is on our roadmap, and is planned for an upcoming release.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Heather

PaulReichart1
New Contributor II

Thanks for the quick response! Looking forward to it in a future release.

0 Kudos
PaulReichart1
New Contributor II

Hi Heather. I have a couple follow up questions. Do you know if this will be in a release this year, or next year? Also, is this an enhancement in ArcGIS Explorer or ArcGIS Pro?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Hi Paul,

We hope to have an Explorer release later this year, but unclear at this point whether or not the Group Layers in MMPK will be included.   The enhancement to support Group layers in the Mobile Map Package will be in various places throughout the platform.  Currently, the group layer is not in the Mobile Map specification. When it is (roadmap tbd), various pieces (including ArcGIS Pro and the ArcGIS Runtime SDK that Explorer) will need to be enhanced to consume this.

Thanks,

Heather

0 Kudos
TobiasFimpel
Occasional Contributor

Hi Heather (or others),

do you have any new information as to when we can expect an Explorer for ArcGIS (iOS) release that supports group layers from a mobile map package? Any info would be much appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
ChrisDunn1
Esri Contributor

Hi Tobias,

You are in luck! We are actively working on the newest version of Explorer for iOS and it will include support for group layers in mobile map packages. We expect to have a beta available very soon - if you would like to be added to the list for the first public beta so you can test the group layer functionality please send us an e-mail at Explorer4ArcGIS@esri.com.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
TobiasFimpel
Occasional Contributor

Woohoo! Thanks for the reply Chris!

0 Kudos
SebastienPelletier
Occasional Contributor

I would like to know if you have news about this feature, is it also available for Android and Windows ? We can't wait for it to be available

0 Kudos
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

This is supported in Explorer iOS 19.1(in Apple app store), Explorer Windows 19.1(in MS store), and will be supported in Explorer Android 20.1 (out next month) in beta now.

Hope this helps,

-Brent

0 Kudos