Character Limit?

05-22-2018 01:56 PM
EmilyMorse1
New Contributor

Is there a limit to the number of characters that can be used in the side panel of a Story Map Tour?  I get s Save failed error when I try to save my story map but when I break down the text into different parts (to see if the error is in my html ) both parts work fine. When I add the whole thing, it doesn't save.  

my text is below:

Dinner - $14.99

(taxes not included)

<ul>

<li><b>Arroz com Alum (Tuna-Style Paella)</b> -Fluffy yellow rice topped with peppers, onions, garlic loaded with chorizo, peas and tuna. Served with appetizer and soft drink.

<li><b>Lemon Chicken</b>-Cape Verdean-style rustic lemon-onion chicken with rice. Served with appetizer and soft drink.

<li><b>Catch of the Day</b> -Cape Verdean-style fried fish topped with chef onion sauce with rice. Served with appetizer and soft drink.

</ul>

<p></p><i>Choose one appetizer</i>

<ul>

<li>Mixed Green Salad

<li>Mixed green cherry tomatoes and red onions topped with balsamic vinaigrette

</ul>

<p></p>

<ul>

<li><b>Pastel De Cabo Verde</b> -Tradition never tasted so good! Crisp and golden pastel with tuna and fresh peppers. Choices: traditional or corn crust.

<li><b>Pastel De Bacalhau /Cod Cakes </b> A Creole twist to a New England favorite! Jumbo chunks of native cod, sour cream and herbs in a panko breading, served with house-made sriracha aioli.

</ul>

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Andrew,

Sorry about the prob. Can you confirm you are using the Side Panel layout option in Map Tour you are using (Side Panel, Three Panel or Integrated). And also how are you authoring your Story Map Tour? I noticed a similar issue recently in a Map Tour that I created by uploading a CSV file that also contained some HTML formatting like yours does. I was using the Three Panel layout, (although I suspect this issue may occur irrespective of the layout being used). For some places I wasn't able to add any additional text when I went to edit a caption, although it let me make edits that didn't increase, or that decreased, the character count. We'll have a look at that.

Rupert

EmilyMorse1
New Contributor

Im using the new side panel tour.  I don't think its a problem with the html but that is what the online help says to check.  I can do each part of the text by itself and it works but when I try to do a bigger block, it doens't save.

I switched to side panel because I couldnt get any html to work in three panel but maybe I'll try a different template

0 Kudos